Providing an accurate order forecast is paramount for ensuring Locad has allocated the necessary manpower to support the fulfillment of your orders. Such info was shared via email to your dedicated Customer Success manager monthly. However, we realized that it is an inefficient process for both you and Locad. Hence, we have setup a module that allows you to update your order forecast real-time.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Navigating the Forecast module
How to access the forecast page:
- Login to Locad Portal (app.golocad.com)
- Go to Orders > Manage Forecast (https://app.golocad.com/fulfillment/forecast) via the left navigation bar
How to read the information:
You can select the dates on the calendar to view the forecast and actual order volume. The section on the right will display the details:
- Forecast - It displays the order and item volume expected for the respective warehouse(s).
- Actual - It displays the number of orders and order items received for the selected day.
- Variance - It calculates the variance between actual and forecast volume. Variance = (Actual - Forecast) / Forecast
Depending on the variance, the font color will differ:
Grey - Forecast was not updated yet.
Purple - Forecast was updated. (See here on how to update the forecast of specific dates)
Green - Actual order volume is within 20% variance of the forecast
Orange - Actual order volume is below 20% variance of the forecast
Red - Actual order volume is above 20% variance of the forecast
Updating your forecast
You can update the forecast via UI or File Upload.
- Click on the date that you want to change the forecast.
- Click the pencil icon and modify the order and item forecast volume.
- Click tick icon to apply the change.
Via File Upload:
- Click the Upload button on the top right corner.
- Select "New Forecast".
- Download the template. Input your forecast value in the excel file and save.
- Select the warehouse and drop the updated excel file on the popup.
- Click "Upload".
- Click the Upload button on the top right corner and select "Uploaded Files" to check the status of the upload.
You can only update the order forecast at least 7 days in advance. For example, you can only update the forecast of 2 Jun and beyond if today is 19 May. This is to ensure that Locad has sufficient notice period to prepare the necessary resource for handling your order volume.
Should you have last minute change to your forecast, please reach out to your Customer Success manager.